Independent Living in Orange City, Florida
Whatever puts a smile on your face.
A wonderful thing happens when you choose the maintenance-free lifestyle at our full-service senior living community: Life gets bigger and better than ever.
This is independent living in Orange City, Florida, for the life you love now, plus our complete continuum of care for whatever you may need down the road. Since we’ve got your housekeeping and maintenance covered, you can get up and go whenever you like.
While we put a lot of activities in place, residents drive the social life here. On any given day, you may see a block party cooked up by neighbors, a whole-community-themed event, or some other mix ’n’ mingle shindig. Residents here are an active bunch, engaged with each other and whatever makes them happy.
A few amenities to whet your whistle:
- Complete maintenance of residences
- All utilities, except phone and internet
- Postal services and mini-market at The Scoop
- Scheduled transportation
- Tons of social, cultural, educational and spiritual activities
- Choice of 4 dining venues and the Tree Top Lounge
- Full-service pharmacy
- Two libraries, including a Spiritual Life Library
- Media Center
- 24/7 emergency call system
- Emergency nurse, plus Nurse Practitioner Clinic
- Chaplain services
- Lester R. Barker Auditorium
- State-of-the-art fitness center and wellness programs
- Putting green, bocce and shuffleboard sports complex
- Woodworking shop
- Arts studios
- Heated swimming pool and whirlpool
- Full-time events coordinator
- Private banquet room
- Private fishing lake
The living is easy with these residential perks:
- Biweekly housekeeping
- Social clubs for you and your pets
- Gourmet kitchens in all residences
- Wall-to-wall flooring options
- Washer/dryer in garden cottages, and Silverstone and Holly villas
- Cable TV included
- Access to all four dining venues, amenities, activities and common areas at the community
All the comforts of home.
Even if you’re facing a downsizing move, you’ll have 180 acres of fun and friendship right outside your door. What you’ll likely discover is, once you shed the burdens of home maintenance, there’s more time and options to tickle your interests and whims.
But first things first: Let’s help you find a home that’s just right. Get started by browsing through our floor plans. You have plenty to choose from, including luxury apartment homes, spacious garden cottages and modern villas.
Frequently asked questions about independent living.
Are you kidding? This is the place for more independence, more flexibility and more fun. Every day is yours to enjoy the way you see fit, as it should be. Restrictions, pfft.
You bet! Residents even host pet parties, where furry friends can frolic and socialize.
Yes, entrance fees start at $67,500. Your entrance fee will depend on the size of residence you select and the number of occupants. It guarantees you residency at John Knox Village of Central Florida for life and gives you access to a full continuum of long-term care, for as long as you need it.
Yes, monthly fees start at $2,266. Think of the monthly fee as a consolidation of all the bills and costs of living in a house. Your monthly fee will pay for all maintenance, housekeeping, meals, water, cable, electricity, unlimited use of common spaces and campus amenities, and much more. The amount you pay depends on the size of residence you choose and whether you live with a second person. A second person pays a significantly lower monthly fee.